Re: k3b is not able to detect dvd+rw-tools package

Justin Guerin wrote:

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 21:23, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
Hi
  Using Debian unstable, latest k3b. When I run

$sudo k3b

I get a popup error saying

Unable to find growisofs executable
K3b uses growisofs to actually write dvds. Without growisofs you won't
be able to write dvds. Make sure to install at least version 5.10.
Solution: Install the dvd+rw-tools package.

But dvd+rw-tools package is already installed on this machine. What
should I do to get rid of this error? I do want to burn DVDs.

Have you tried it as a non-root user?
Forgot to mention this. k3b works fine for ordinary users. Only when I use it through sudo, it gives the above error.

$dmesg | grep -i dvd
hdc: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R6112, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdc: ATAPI 24X DVD-ROM DVD-R CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)

thanks
raju

I tried running k3b as root, using kdesu, and it worked fine for me.
kdesu k3b is also working fine (without any errors). The problem is occurring only when k3b is run under sudo.

thanks for the reply
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi