Re: Users home directory wiped after dist-uprgade

Wackojacko wrote:
I am running an up-to date sid system on amd64. Self compiled kernel 2.6.14. Following the kde upgrade today my /home/user/ directory was deleted. Luckily I had a backup from this morning so nothing major was lost, but anyone had any similar experiences or could offer up a possible explanation?

Thanks in advance

Wackojacko

Apologies for the noise, user error I'm afraid. Doing a bit of bash scripting, the last line of which was rm -r * on the pwd. It worked fine from the cli as it prompted for a temp directory which was created and cd'd into. Accidentally clicked on the script in konqeror instead of editing it and it ran with no input and pwd defaulted to /home/user, WHOOPS!

Needless to say the script has now been altered and I recovered from an earlier backup.

Once again apologies

Wackojacko