Re: Resume from S3 breaks console

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:23:30 +0100
Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

> I do not have experience with your hardware, but I have a general
> suggestion: Try the package "hibernate" together with "vbetool".
> hibernate comes with a configuration file in which you can activate
> vbetool to restart/reset your graphics card after waking up. That might
> be be enough to fix the display problems. Also try the option
> "UseDummyXServer yes" for display problems with X. hibernate.conf also
> provides an easy way to add your own wake-up scripts.
>
> Regards,
>             Florian

Thanks Florian, vbetool did the trick. Will have a look at 'hibernate' when I try to automate my solution.

Regards
Andrei

P.S. I guess I have to refine my package searching techniques as it seems Debian already has an answer (package) to all my problems ;)
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)