Re: Can I fix this with apt-get???

Rob Blomquist wrote:
I had a total of 3 crashes during my initial install of Debian Sarge about 2 weeks ago.
I am noticing a number of buggy problems:

-needed to install ghostscript for CUPS to work.
-Still have no access to my cardreader as the USB subsection sees it, but is not mounting it. -Evolution refused to connect to my PDA but Kpilot found it. Well after installing pilot-link.
-and probably 42 others.

If I run a dependancy check with apt-get, all appears well to the database. How can I fix this all

not very likely I guess, but does apt-get -f install do something? or apt-get dist-upgrade also, you could try what aptitude does if you tell it to do `aptitude dist-upgrade` ? (as it handles dependency stuff a bit different than apt-get)

HTH,

Joris