Re: Workarround for "No common CD-ROM drive was detected"

On Wed 18 Jan 2006 16:37, Joe User wrote:
> Do you need the 2.6 kernel also during the install? If you get past the
> basic install you can 'apt-get' the 2.6 kernel...
I do, because it seems the names of the devices of SATA drive changes between
2.6 and 2.4 (am I wrong ? in 2.4 they are hdc and hdd and on 2.6 they are sda
and sdb or the reverse) and although it would be trivial to change with a
rescue disk, I am making a RAID1 between the two disk and the header that
identifies the devices are wrong, so the device can't be initialize (unless,
by hand).
Thank you.
--
José Pablo Ezequiel Fernández