Re: Digital Camera

Robert Thompson wrote:
Hello All,
I also have a digital camera that I love. It is a Sony that uses a USB to connect to the computer. Question is: How does digital cameras work with Debian?

I got a Cannon A410.
I gambled on its support, but gphoto2 supports the A400 model.
Won the bet: plug in the USB, issue gphot2 -P and download all the pics.

But that gamble may not work.

Gphoto2 also supports the Panasonic DMCFZ20, but trying the Panasonic DMCLZ2 did *not* work.

So make sure you have the USB hiddev module loaded.

Plug in the camera and issue gphoto2 -P.

If you get pics it works. If not, you're out of luck.