Re: Building postgresql 8.1.0: trouble finding readline, libz, etc

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 04:28:54PM -0600, Matt England wrote:
While building postgresql 8.1.0 from source on Debian Sarge, I'm finding the postgresql ./configure script can not find libreadling, libz, and associated include/header files.

I can make at least some of these problems go away if I do things like tell ./configure about CFLAGS=-L/lib and also sym-link /lib/libreadline.so to /lib/libreadline5.so ...etc.

But these things seem like hacks.

Anybody know of how to solve this problem in a more-elegant fashion?

Install the appropriate development packages for what you seem to be missing. For example, the package libreadline5-dev (or libreadline4-dev, as appropriate).

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/