kernel configuration question

I'm trying to install mkcdrec (http://mkcdrec.ota.be/project/introduction.html)
and in the instructions it says:

Check current kernel if the following items were compiled into the kernel. Check file /usr/src/linux/.config :
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=y (or m)
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y (or m)
CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=y (or m)
CONFIG_JOLIET=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=4096 (or 8192)
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
CONFIG_MSDOS_FS=y (or m)

If you have a SCSI CD-ROM check also the following items in /usr/src/linux/.config:
CONFIG_SCSI=y (or m)
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=y (or m)

My DVD is ATAPI so I presume the SCSI is not applicable.

Anyway, in /usr/src I had nothing so I installed kernel-source-2.4.27 and now have a bz2 archive there. In previewing the archive though, I see no /linux/.config :-P

Will someone please tell me how I can verify the settings. This is the only thing I've found to create a full bootable DVD clone of my system. If you perhaps know better, please point me in the right direction :-)

Thank you for any guidance,
Lee C