Re: java for jabref

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 05:21:51PM +0000, michael wrote:

> > > Yeah, Java yuck.  I agree.  There are two programs that are so good it was
> > > worth it to me to install Java: jabref and jbidwatcher.  They are both the
> > > best in their area.  Jbidwatcher is a Ebay auction manager, and it is
> > > fantastic.
> > >
> > > I use the nonfree Blackdown packages from stable:
> > >
> > > apt-get install j2re1.4
> >

> sorry if being a bit dense here but how do I get "blackdown" packages? A
> search on Debian packages reveals nothing connected...
>
> thanks,michael

Michael,

The blackdown packages are a little old.  You can use java-package to
install the Sun or IBM jre.

Package: java-package
Section: contrib/misc
Installed-Size: 264
Maintainer: Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.24
Depends: debhelper, fakeroot, coreutils | stat
Filename: pool/contrib/j/java-package/java-package_0.24_all.deb
Size: 19634
MD5sum: 91a560dfb41556008d0ffa6b0b61f2f1
 This package provides the capability to create a debian package from
 a Java(TM) 2 distribution by just running make-jpkg <filename>.
 .
 This program currently works with the following Java(TM) 2 Runtime
 Environments and Development Kits:
 .
  * Sun Microsystems(TM) 1.4 and 1.5 Standard Edition
  * IBM(TM) 1.3 and 1.4 Standard Edition
  * Blackdown Java-Linux 1.3 and 1.4 Standard Edition