Re: Request to remove Information

Ron Johnson wrote:
> Steve's point is that it's still *people* doing the deeds.  When
> you walk into an office building, you aren't *forcefully* assimil-
> ted into the Borg collective.

> It's *individuals* *choosing* to go along with Groupthing, conform-
> ism, etc.

    Not to mention that people for some reason think that the groupthink et
al. for corporations are bad because it is "for profit" and yet groupthink for
"the community" is good because it isn't.

    There was a reply in here somewhere that I never got, only quoted, where
someone attributed my name to the "cowboy mentality" of "give me 40 acres, a
mule, a shotgun and I'll take care of myself".  They went on to say that
because of the large urban populations we're more interconnected than I
supposedly seem to think; that the Europeans have figured this out and is why
their laws are more "friendly to communities".  What they failed to realize
that pretty much any time action is taken "for the good of the community" it
denies that the community is made up of individuals.  It is flat-out
anti-individual.  How something can be friendly to a group of individuals
while being hostile to any individual in that group is beyond me.

    Between a corporation with way too much money and manpower and an
overzealous activist with no clue give me the former.  At least then I know
the exact price of my consensual reaming as opposed to being clueless of the
cost of my forced raping.