Re: Request to remove Information

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 14:33 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 12:22 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > Then we're even: "religion" should work better than the people
> > > who implement and practice it.
> >
> >     Nope.  Because the people who practice and implement it are required by
> > its very nature to ignore reason, logic and to disbelieve anything to the
> > contrary.
>
> Having read the Bible a lot (completely twice, and big chunks many
> more times), and known *lots* of religious people, and being an
> amateur history buff, I can categorically state that your "required"
> assertion is not flat wrong.

I'll definitely second that. Too often people confuse the sheep
following quasi-religious political establishments such as the Catholic
church (among others), for religious people in general. Buddhism and
many other eastern religions focus very heavily on logical thought and
learning. So religion does not NECESSARILY need to ignore reason and
logic, it is only that many of the best-known religions tend to do this.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837