Free news; Was: "Antispam UOL" spam from petsupermarket@uol.com.br?

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 12:35:13AM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Nov 16 2005, Carl Fink wrote:
> > I'm tempted to report them to the US authorities AS as spammer.
>
> If the Debian lists start blocking everything from UOL, then I won't be
> able to post anymore.
>
> That's the ISP that I use and just because there is one asshole
> subscribed to a mailing list with a challenge-response address, that
> doesn't mean that other people using the same ISP are also brain
> damaged.
>
> Yes, this provider is brain-damaged. They don't even know what Usenet is
> and it would be quite handy if I got access to sci.math, comp.theory,
> comp.emacs and comp.text.tex. :-(
>
> If anybody knows of anything similar to what news.individual.net were,
> please let me know.

I use freenews.netfront.net, and though I don't post on usenet at the
moment, when I _get_ news via slrnpull, it says

11/17/2005 15:28:52 Connecting to host freenews.netfront.net ...
11/17/2005 15:28:59 Connected to host.  Posting ok.

so I guess that I could also post through them. There are other
free newsservers as well, a quick search should reveal some.