Re: "Antispam UOL" spam from petsupermarket@uol.com.br?

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > The Fedora list has simply expunged all users from this ISP from the
> > subscription lists, a self defense brought on by a C/R response from
> > this twerp for every message posted, doubling the load on the servers.
>
> Incompetent listmasters there?  Blacklisting at least 100000 users for one
> dumbass that replies with a constant email address you could drop at the
> incoming MTAs?  (and it is probably more like 500000 or so, this ISP is
> *big* and country-wide).

Oops, sorry about that, nobody said anything about blacklisting. My bad.

While a simple expunge is VERY annoying for those that have nothing to do
with it, it is easy to fix for those who are indeed reading the lists (as
long as they sent a "you're being unsubbed" message...)... so it certianly
doesn't count as an incompetent response to the problem (it is at most a
lazy one, but this depends on the details, where the devil is).

THIS assumes that @uol.com.br users can still resub themselves, of course.
Otherwise, my previous comment stands.

  Henrique Holschuh