Re: Debmirror did not download all .debs?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe a écrit :

>Hello,

Hi,

>Debmirror, such a useful tool for me, has the 'passive' option whose

It's probably for use passive mode when you use ftp

>meaning I don't know and would like someone to explain. Also, doesn't
>the program sometimes include package files which it doesn't download?
>I had a problem where I had the partial mirror and then on install
>there were several missing files (a clear case where those were in the
>Packages list, but not in pool). It couldn't be my media because I did
>a binary compatibility check. Here's my command:
>
>/usr/bin/debmirror --nosource -m --passive --host=ftp.debian.org \
>                  --root=debian/ --method=ftp --progress --dist=testing \
>                  --ignore-release-gpg- --section=main \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=comm \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=games \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=editors \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=electronics \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=embedded \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=games \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=hamradio \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=mail \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=net \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=news \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=science \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=tex \
>                  --exclude-deb-section=kde \
>                  --arch=i386 /data/testing/
>
>I resend this mail because last time I did not include the command.
>Thanks...

A packages.gz file is for an entire archive (1 for main, 1 for contrib
...etc) but it contain all sections (admin, base...). I don't think that
debmirror rebuild the packages.gz file when you exclude some section, so
every package in excluded section are in packages.gz but not in your
mirror. Perhaps, you can try to rebuild the packages.gz file with the
apt-ftparchive tool to fit your need.

cu.