Re: WordPerfect 8.0

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 18:33 +0000, Ken Heard wrote:
> 	Those of you who go back to before the earth's crust hardened, may
> remember Corel WordPrefect 8.0 (and 8.1).  WP 8.0 was released by Corel
> about 2000.  It (and 8.1) were the only versions of WP which were native
> to Linux.  (WP 10 was ported from Windows to Linux through Corel's own
> vintage of wine.)

Shoot, humans were creating cave paintings by the time WP8.0 was
released.

[snip]

> 	Aptitude listed the six packages it would conflict with, none of which
> I have or need.  It also listed two dependencies, both of which I had
> already installed for other packages.  However, when I ran a test
> installation with aptitude, it wanted to remove 175 other packages,
> including most of the KDE packages.

[snip]

> 	I short, can I install xlib6g in such a way that it does not remove 175
> other packages I need and use?  If so, how do I do it?

Try apt-get instead of aptitude.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me thy
discordant images at such speed as to render linear thought
impossible"
Calvin, regarding TV