Re: A few general questions from a Debian newbie

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 09:40:32AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 22:43 -0500, Carl Fink wrote:

> > So it's inefficent.  So what?
>
> Because in 6 months or a year, when the size of that quick-and-dirty
> DB grows bigger than expected, and becomes vital to the organization
> (or subset thereof), they suddenly realize that it doesn't scale
> and/or is full of bad data.

And you know that this will happen in every case, of course.

And this hurts the developer that gets hired to produce the new database
how?

> Don't ask me to figure out HR regulations, and I won't ask you to
> design databases.

Don't assume it's impossible to do both well, and I won't laugh in your
face.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.