Re: Where to download Debian 1.2?

* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> [2005 Nov 17 09:56 -0600]:
> Hi Manou,
>
> Am 2005-11-13 17:32:22, schrieb Manou J.M. Eifes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can download a full version of Debian 1.2 or
> > getting an ISO-image of a cd that contains Debian 1.2? Or could someone send
> > me a copy of the Infomagic CD-ROM (december 1996), that contains Debian 1.2
> > or an ftp-server that holds the CD-ROM as an ISO-image.
> >
> > I need  Debian 1.2 for a personal project. I want to try severel different
> > old Debian versions on an old computer.
>
> You are realy late...
>
> There are no CD's arround for Buzz (1.2).
>
> The oldest I have are Hamm (2.0) which is working
> fine on Intel 80386dx40 with 8-16 MB of memory.
>
> I am personaly sarching for original CD's from
> Debian for archiving issues but get nothing...

Looks they are hosting what they can here.  Debian 1.1 and 1.2 appear
to be source only.  :(  1.3.1 is the oldest here that has binary
packages and installation disks.  It's dated in late '97/early '98 so
it would probably run on some rather meager (by today's standards)
hardware.

http://archive.debian.org/dists/

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.