Re: firefox crashes on flash

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 04:06:55AM +0000, Lei Kong wrote:
> My system is debian testing, with kde 3.4, xorg 6.8.2.
> After upgradeing from kde 3.3.x to kde 3.4.2,
> firefox crashes everytime I visit a site
> with flash stuff. Anyone has a clue on how
> to get around without removing flash plugin?

I have the flashblock plugin installed.  Instead of starting flash
movies automatically it gives you a button to click so it will play
the movie.  This lets you choose whether or not you trust the flash
movie not to crash your firefox.

I'm not sure where I got it.  I thought it was a Debian package, but I
can't find it.

As a side note, my firefox also crashes on flash movies, but certainly
not on all.  As an example, you could try brandtest.nl (a Dutch
instructional video to test if your house is reasonably safe from
fire).  This works for me.

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and
probably in themselves will not be realized. Make big plans."
---Daniel Hudson Burnham.