Re: Is Debian ready for the desktop?

Grüzi Ueli.

Am 2005-11-09 22:24:05, schrieb Ueli Meier:
> Im thinking of getting Debian Linux, currently I use Mandrake but I need
> to upgrade.
> On the web I could not get the Information I was looking for.
> I read an article that was a bit confusing.
> It says if you want a Linux Desktop rather use coral Linux or Suse.
> Check the links.
> http://www.aboutdebian.com/install31.htm
> http://www.aboutdebian.com/desktop.htm
> Is Debian more for server applications, or is it a true Desktop like
> Suse?

I am using Debian GNU/Linux since 04/1999 as router, then as
server and as workstation.  YES, in 1999 it was the hell !!!

But today, it works as workststion like a charm.

> Can I access the files on a dos partition?

YES!

using the command

        mount -t msdos /dev/hdXn /mnt
                 vfat
        also:    hfs
                 hfsplus

> Ueli

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi