Installation problem with "Debian testing"

Hi,

I have 2 stranges problems when trying to install debian testing.

1- Using the Floppy to install SID from 25/10/2005 (On the boot prompt: expert linux26)
I choose the testing part when asked.
I'm almost at the end. (i.e. after the reboot and after having done some configuration, should be afterConfiguring portmap). I don't know after which packages since it was scrolling too fast
I'm starting to see this line (appears every 2 sec)
"Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive."
I still can continue the configuration but it is hard since the line appear in the middle of the menu. Every thing is amost fine. I get the graphics login screen an can log into my account but There is a wiptail process (seem to be configuration related ??) and a perl that slow down the system and I can kill them but they reappear. (Sorry no more details since I did a new installtion)

2- So I tried to install by burning the testing iso found here
ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/etch/
Boot from the cd and type expert at the boot prompt.
The problem here is there is no manual partitionning. Since I don't want to delete my hold partition scene on /dev/hdb which was- /boot 16M -swap - / 3.5G - /home 5G - not using the remaining So I don't want to use the automatic partitionning I don't care for /boot / but for /home I care and
also for the other 3 disk in the PC.
My partition are there if I go to the console and do fdisk /dev/disc/something_i_don't_remember
but there is not /dev/hdb

So why there is no manual partitioning like with the floppy ?
Can I do the paritionning manually ?

Remi
papaDoc@videotron.ca