Re: Request to remove Information

Mike McCarty wrote:
> I noticed very early on in my career (1980 or so) that management types
> had no concept of what I did, and considered engineers to be like
> interchangeable widgets. Like adjustable wrenches. Any adjustable wrench
> can turn any nut.

    Oh how I hate this, really.  It's led to some rather interesting want ads
that I just have to laugh at.  I mean people post ads looking for people well
versed in about 20 different technologies and expect to get by with a
sub-40k/year offer.  It wouldn't be so bad except that they expect people to
already KNOW all of those technologies and fail to realize that at some point,
at least for software engineers, one who is well versed in some can pick up
any others fairly quickly.  So on the one hand they expect the
interchangability but on the other ignore the possibility of it.  >.<