Re: Imap

On (16/11/05 12:25), Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
> Roy wrote:

We've setup a couple of IMAP installations and one insists on using
Outlook which does a number of wierd things with IMAP.  There is a work
around in the dovecot configuration file:

# Workarounds for various client bugs:
#   oe6-fetch-no-newmail:
#     Never send EXISTS/RECENT when replying to FETCH command. Outlook
#     Express
#     seems to think they are FETCH replies and gives user "Message no
#     longer
#     in server" error. Note that OE6 still breaks even with this
#     workaround
#     if synchronization is set to "Headers Only".
#   outlook-idle:
#     Outlook and Outlook Express never abort IDLE command, so if no
#     mail
#     arrives in half a hour, Dovecot closes the connection. This is
#     still
#     fine, except Outlook doesn't connect back so you don't see if new
#     mail
#     arrives.
#   outlook-pop3-no-nuls:
#     Outlook and Outlook Express hang if mails contain NUL characters.
#     This setting replaces them with 0x80 character.
#client_workarounds =

I recall the OP is using courier - there may be similar functionality.

As far as other things are concerned, Outlook seems to create its own
view of what's on the IMAP server, rather than displaying folders on the
IMAP server itself.  I am currently exploring these issues which create
date and other anomolies.

Unless Outlook is vital, Thunderbird is a better alternative.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...