Science and Religion the same??? (was Re: Request to remove Information)

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 15:45 -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 02:36:11PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > Science is the new religion.  A few centuries ago, if you dared
> > > to go against the church, you would end up fried. Now, if you
> > > dare  to say that you give a shit about what scientists think,
> > > you
> >
> > You'll be elected to a School Board in Kansas.
>
> No much difference between science and religion, same crap. Thus I
> decline the offer.

Ummmm.  Hmmmm.  Hmmm, again.  From gcide

 $ dict religion
  1. The outward act or form by which men indicate their
     recognition of the existence of a god or of gods having
     power over their destiny, to whom obedience, service, and
     honor are due; the feeling or expression of human love,
     fear, or awe of some superhuman and overruling power,
     whether by profession of belief, by observance of rites
     and ceremonies, or by the conduct of life; a system of
     faith and worship; a manifestation of piety; as, ethical
     religions; monotheistic religions; natural religion;
     revealed religion; the religion of the Jews; the religion
     of idol worshipers.
     [1913 Webster]

 $ dict science
  2. Accumulated and established knowledge, which has been
     systematized and formulated with reference to the
     discovery of general truths or the operation of general
     laws; knowledge classified and made available in work,
     life, or the search for truth; comprehensive, profound, or
     philosophical knowledge.
     [1913 Webster]

Sooooo, no.  Science and Religion are *not* the same.

You are confusion "Science" with "worship of science"

> > What planet do you live on?
>
> Earth.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of
government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow
operations, perverted it into tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson