Re: proxim/orinoco silver issue

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 06:54 -0500, Robert D. Crawford wrote:
> "Barry, Christopher" <cbarry@silverstorm.com> writes:
>
> > seems like I remember this issue, and you'll need to exclude some
> > memory
> > ranges. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the box I had this card
> > in now, but maybe these tidbits can help google the answer.
>
> I did see something on the net concerning this, but it did not work for
> me.  Do you know how to find out the ranges that need to be excluded,
> and why?
>
> Thanks,
>
> rdc

this may help anyone with similar issues...

from: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/archive/41/2005/01/4/72457

stir_freyHi all.

If you are still working on this card I obtained a beta driver from
proxim yesterday. I put it on my site, [url]www.greenblaze.com[/url] .
Fair warning this is a beta driver. I tried installing it on rhat 9 and
it installed fine, but it killed my pcmcia service. When I try to start
pcmcia modprobe cant locate pcmcia_core.o, yenta_socket.o, or ds.o. I'm
going to try again today with a fresh install. (no, I didn't really try
to fix it) When I talked with tech support at proxim they said it was a
hermes II chip set in the thing, which goes along with the other posts.
If you try this let me know how it goes. I plan on posting the good, the
bad and the ugly on my site and I will be checking here as well. Of all
the postings this one seems the most promising.

enjoy....stir_freyI got it to work now. I just have to use insmod to
load the modules that it cant find. Its a temp fix but it works. :-)cp8I
managed to get mine up and running under slackware 9.0

thanks a million!!!!!

this is exactly what i was looking for. i download the driver and got it
up and running under redhat9.0 in minutes. i'm using the card right now.

thanks again

:)