Re: Request to remove Information

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 09:06 +0000, Adam Funk wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

> >> That's a load of crap perpetuated by lawyers.  A coporation is not
> >> person in any reasonable definition of the word.
> >
> > I *think* he means that corporations nothing more than *groups*
> > of individual people, and thus any nefarious deeds done by corp-
> > orations are really done by individuals.
>
> ...who can thus avoid proper accountability for their actions.

Sure.  Security in number, omerta, loyalty to the clan, etc.

That's totally irrelevant to the point, though, is that  The
Corporation doesn't have a mind, independent actions, etc.

Whether it's Michael Corleone says "It's not personal, Sonny.
It's strictly business.", or Reinhold Heydrich ordering the murder
of millions and then going home and playing the violin, or a CEO
cooking the books, or an assembly-line worker doing a shitty job,
it's *people* who do the deeds, whether good or ill.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give
up any hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist
forming one on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be
opposed to it."
Charles Darwin (1809-1882)