Re: Debian Raid Crash Repair

On 11/15/05, Siju George <sgeorge.ml@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thankyou so much Jiann. Its working from both drives. I enabled boot
> from only hdd-0 in BIOS and it works. Then I enabled boot only from
> hdd-1 and it works. the boot partition is ext2fs and the rest ReiserFS

That's cool.  The systems I have played with did not require any
additional BIOS manipulation to boot from whichever drive was
remaining.  The mirroring drives were the first drive on both IDE
interfaces (hda and hdc).  The BIOS should just try to load the boot
sector from whichever drive is left in the system.  Either way, as
long as you know how your system behaves, it's all good! :-)

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in