Re: sytem running out of free disk space

On (15/11/05 20:10), Realos wrote:
> > Robert Brockway wanted us to know:
> >Consider using deborphan to locate packages without dependencies (it does
> >more than just libraries).  This is a great way to get a handle on useless
> >packages you may have installed in the past.
>
> well deborphan shows only three packages:
>
> bkrb5-17-heimdal
> libc5
> libgnutls10
>
> Will see if there deinstallation make any significat improvement in
> termns of free disk space.

Try running:

deborphan -ap5    # which will show the least important packages

you can then see if there is anything installed that you can do without;
then try -ap4

Be careful though because I seem to recall kernel images get reported at
level 4; don't remove your kernel :)

YMMV

Regards

Clive