Re: Re: Eclipse: X eats up 280 MB of memory

> X usage can also include your video memory, so it's not allways a
> problem when it seems to use a lot of memory (check the FAQ in the
> package docs). Now you state after that you're using 890MB of Swap, is
> that also from the JVM or are your other apps using it? Specifically,
> what does top say about resident memory usage?

I have the same problem, after launching Eclipse, the memory consumption
of the Xorg process rises dramatically. According to top:

19170 root      15   0  544m 190m  916 S  4.0 37.8  23:47.14 Xorg

it uses more than 500 megs while its normal consumption is below 100.
Strange is that the consumption does not decrease at all if I quit
eclipse! (It does not increase any higher if I start Eclipse again.)

Is it a bug in Xorg? I don't think its normal...

	Georgy