Re: grub kernel parameter

This is the output of uname -a

Linux kancha 2.6.8-2-386 #1 Thu May 19 17:40:50 JST
2005 i686 GNU/Linux

and the output of meminfo shows

MemTotal:       906736 kB

I'm using sarge and I selected linux26 for the
installation. Do I need to build (compile) a custom
kernel or can the memory parameter be passed during a
normal sarge installation ?