Re: Firefox throbber problem

Gnu-Raiz wrote:
> When I use the Sarge version all the little cirles do is
> lead to a mozilla page that talks about extensions, I did
> not notice any slowdown but that might be due to your newer
> version.  Are you running testing or sid, that might account
> for the unexpected cpu usage. Also are you using a chroot,
> that could explain it as well. Firefox does have some weird
> memory bugs, if you leave it open for long periods of time
> it does seem to eat memory, that could explain it.

I have unstable on my box. But I think the problem I was experiencing is
 done now. I created a new profile and tried to reproduce the problem.
The problem was not there in the new profile. I think it was possible
due to the fact that Firefox was running for more than 48hrs when I
first saw the problem! And a restart was enough to resolve the problem.

/KS
PS: the list saved me from adding to the already long list of bugs for
firefox