Re: Firefox throbber problem

On 17:19, Sat 05 Nov 05, [KS] wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I noticed yesterday that when I hover the mouse over the firfox throbber
> (the round circle of dots just below the window-close button on
> top-right of window), the CPU usage goes to about 100%. It goes back
> down to normal after a few seconds. The time duration of the cpu usage
> surge looks to be equal to the time the tooltip that should be displayed
>  when hovering over it. No tooltip is displayed and the CPU usage rises up.
>
> I thought of posting here first than filing a bug for two reasons.
> Firstly, this will confirm that I'm not the only one having the problem
> and secondly if its only me, this post will help the (huge) Firefox bug
> list to not increment by 1.
>
> Thanks,
> /KS
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922
> Firefox/1.0.7 (Debian package 1.0.7-1)

I am using the Sarge version, which is listed below it looks
like you have a newer version of Firefox then what is in
Sarge.
http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/
(1.0.4-2sarge5)

When I use the Sarge version all the little cirles do is
lead to a mozilla page that talks about extensions, I did
not notice any slowdown but that might be due to your newer
version.  Are you running testing or sid, that might account
for the unexpected cpu usage. Also are you using a chroot,
that could explain it as well. Firefox does have some weird
memory bugs, if you leave it open for long periods of time
it does seem to eat memory, that could explain it.

Gnu_Raiz