RE: fetching mail from M$ Exchange using rpc over https

I looked into this a while back and the only app I found which would connect
was Microsoft Outlook 2003.
I had some mac clients and the best I could offer was web acces via OWA, RPC
via a VPN or reluctantly, IMAPS.
Each solution has it's drawbacks.

IMAPS is easy add to an Exchange server, will only provide mail access, no
calendars or access to corporate public folders.

Ask your techs nicely perhaps they will add IMAPS and open some ports for
you, though I have to say, I wouldn't unless there were no alternatives.