Re: glxinfo, xorg in sarge claiming to not support certain visuals

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:58:51 -0800
"David E. Fox" <dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com> wrote:

> Will have to see. I did some checking of this issue with new versions
> of pclinuxos and kanotix. No problems related to the 3d, and no

update - after filing a bug report against the backport version of
xlibmesa-dri I decided to uncomment the testing & unstable portion of
my apt sources.conf. Then I installed / upgraded to 1-10 of xlibmesa-
dri & xlibmesa-gl. That didn't make the problem go away, so I upgraded
the rest of the xserver-xorg. Still nothing new - except when I
restarted X, all of a sudden dri was disabled again. (I was running
2.6.8-2 stock kernel then because of a problem with dvd reading that
still is plaguing me. So then rebooted 2.6.13 (built by me) and dri is
working again, but sadly, nothing helps to make those "slow" or
"unsupported" messages to go away (other than of course booting up in
2.6.8-2 and losing DRI completely -- then I can of course run
stellarium very *slowly* ;( :( .

So far, the upshot of all this is that the 1-10 version doesn't fix the
problem, and this problem first suraced when upgrading xorg the first
time (1.7-bpo1 then).

If someone is more experienced setting up xorg with Matrox hardware
(mga G450) I'd welcome suggestions - or should I just wait for xorg to
mature? I don't remember if I got dri working at all with xserver-
xfree86.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.