Re: vncserver

--------- Original Message --------
From: Matt Johnson <johnsonmlw@yahoo.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: vncserver
Date: 26/09/05 04:50

> We use it to connect from *Windows* desktops to our
> linux terminal server. Yes, running this way means we
> lose the disconnect/reconnect functionality. I guess
> we could setup cygwin to do similar using xdmcp, but
> VNC is working well and it's very simple.

Matt, other than the disconnect/reconnect issue, the only other problem I
see is what if the VNC server dies?  I have that problem on rare occasion so
I usually SSH back into my Debian/Sparc box and then restart the vncserver
and that fixes my problem.  Do you have a similar setup?

Message sent using UebiMiau v 2.7.8 [Debian GNU/Linux for Sparc64 'Etch']