Re: Speedstepping on MacMini

On 2005-11-05 22:31:16, Thorsten Johannvorderbrueggen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> i played with different kernel version .... But it won't work:
>
> powernowd: PowerNow Daemon v0.96, (c) 2003-2005 John Clemens
> powernowd: Found 1 cpu:  -- 1 thread (or core) per physical cpu
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq: No such file or
> directory
>
> PowerNowd encountered and error and could not start.
> Please make sure that:
>  - You are running a v2.6.7 kernel or later
>  - That you have sysfs mounted /sys
>  - That you have the core cpufreq and cpufreq-userspace
>    modules loaded into your kernel
>  - That you have the cpufreq driver for your cpu loaded,
>    and that it works. (check dmesg for errors)
> If all of the above are true, and you still have problems,
> please email the author: clemej@alum.rpi.edu
>
> My Kernel config is attached. I tested in with Debian-Sid and
> Slackintosh
>
> My question: Has anybody a working speedstepping on a MacMini?

I don't.

Like you I can load the cpufreq-userspace module, but my
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/ directory is empty.

I'm not much in need of this, but it'd be nice to get it working.

OT: You would not happen to know how to suspend-to-disk on a mac
    mini, would you ?

Felix

--
Felix C. Stegerman <flx@hccnet.nl>

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature."
 -- R. Kulawiec