Re: iptables

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 03:42:46PM +0100, Roy wrote:
> I've been using Debian since the arrival of Sarge and found it
> excellent, compared to Mandrake.  On Mandrake I was able to
> configure iptables, as the file was located in etc/iptables,
> unfortunately being new to Debian i'm unable to find the location of
> iptable.

Best is to read the docs, especially:

/usr/share/doc/iptables/README.Debian.gz

And you may want to install a firewall helper package like firehol or
shorewall to help you in setting up iptables to your liking.

HTH,

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse