Re: OT: Damaged harddisk and/or disk controller - ps

On torsdag 20 oktober 2005, 00:53, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Normally good advice, but his hard disk seems to be working fine when
> it does power up.

Yup!

And I have done nasty things to the system, just to see. For example
doing aide --update, updatedb, an intensive write process and a
CPU-intensive computation process simultaneously. It should put maximum
stress on the system, both power-wise, disk use and CPU... Never seen
any errors, and certainly no other problems...

It is just that it isn't detected at startup...
"Detecting primary master.... None"

In fact, I have been planning to put this disk in my server system to
make it software RAID with the disk it has allready, since that system
is rebooted very seldomly... :-)

Thanks for all the kind advices, keep them coming, it is time for a nap
around here... :-)

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer