Re: JACK won't start

On 11/4/05, michael <garuda@wi.rr.com> wrote:
Hi

I just did a dist-upgrade in testing and have lost the use of JACK for
audio stuff  I normally use the JACK control gui to start it up, and it
simply tells me it can't start JACK.... aaaargh

I did an aptitude update this evening and a bunch of JACK-related stuff was broken; it has no particular interest to me, so I just backed out the dependencies.  I guess you just failed to notice the problems.  If you use aptitude to reinstall JACK, it should tell you what's broken and you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the bits and pieces you need.  Use 'b' to find broken packages and decide whether you need them or not.  If anything's system-critical and incompatible with the JACK packages, then you'll just have to wait for it to get sorted out.  That's life with testing.  (gnucash, for example, is still broken.)

Patrick