Re: Solaris: The Most Advanced OS?

Mike McCarty wrote:
> I'm running on a Compaq Presario 2.7MHz machine. The lockups I've had
> with Linux have, AFAICT, not been hardware related, and I would be
> one who should know.

    I'm not so sure.  I mean you are talking to a list on which many people
could provide countering anecdotal evidence.  IE, it is not common to us all
so it must be something specific to your setup.  Given we're not running
Compaq Presario 2.7Mhz (sic) machines that is the first, most obvious,
difference and one that is often most suspect.  :P

    Besides...

> So perhaps that is it. I wouldn't know.

    I thought you said you would know.  ;)