Re: How can I add my startup programs to gnome session

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 03:14 +0800, 张勇顺 wrote:
> hi
>

>   How can I add my startup programs to gnome session
>

> i am add the /usr/share/gnome/default.session

No.  These files are not meant to be edited by the user, as they will
get overwritten on upgrade.

Instead, from within gnome, go to Applications/Desktop
Preferences/Advanced/Sessions

Click the 'Startup Programs' tab and add what you want.  When done, type
in a terminal:

gnome-session-save

Or just remember to check the checkbox to save your session when logging
out the next time.

--
James Strandboge
jamie@strandboge.com