Problems handling 1 GB RAM

Hi,

Just to complete the story, I have made some changes in my machine and don't
know which solved the problem.

I have run several times memtest86+
Switched the ram used slot.
Upgraded from testing to unstable
selected (in kcontrol) to use GTK fonts instead of using system fonts (the
reason why I thought that this might be the crash failure, is that firefox
and gkrellm uses GTK )

Eventually the problem disappeared.The strang thing is that when I replaced
the new RAM with the old RAMs the problem did not disappear. As now the
problem is misteriusly solved, I am not going to miss with the system to know
the exact cause of the problem (I am not a Debian expert nor have time).

I would like to thank all ppl tried to help me.

Best regards,
Mohammad

Note: it would be nice f some one tell me how a non-subscribed can send a
message to a thread and to get his reply inside that thread, so the others
can get all replies compacted together.