Re: Solaris: The Most Advanced OS?

Kent West wrote:
> I've had a little experience with Solaris 10, and so far, I far prefer
> Debian. But then I'm not using "enterprise level" hardware or have
> "enterprise level" needs, which might make all the difference.

    This is all I need to know about "Enterprise level".  At work they got a
new HP server.  New rack, all the accessories, external HDs for something or
another, tape drive for backup.  Looked sweet to be honest.  Then the
following conversation occured:

"Nice.  Do we have the license yet?"

"Nope, that's coming next week."

    ....  Word for word.  In short we had the machine, it was mounted, plugged
in, ready to go and we couldn't turn it on because we hadn't yet received the
license.  All the "Enterprise Level" features in the world fall flat on their
face when one cedes control of one's hardware to an outside company.