Re: TMPDIR problems

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 02:25:03AM +0100, Martin Wilck wrote:
> Am I missing something obvious?

You may be interested in a thread going on debian-devel right now:
"per-user temp directories by default?",
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/11/msg00297.html>. Many
programs do not honour $TMPDIR even when you have managed to get it into
their environment, from that thread I quote "there are some
braindead apps that have /tmp hardcoded and don't use $TMP or $TMPDIR".
I think it might be bug-filing-worthy if you come across such a program.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/