Re: HD in PIO Mode since kernel 2.6.14

I have an nforce4 motherboard running dma enabled with the standard nforce2 ide driver from the kernel :).

bingo ..  exactly ... nvidia like to control *your pc* even
if it's not video or (nvidia) network
c ya
alvin

Exactly how is this different from using the piix module for intel chipsets that is built in the kernel.

BTW I also use the forcedeth module for network. I do admit to using the nvidia driver for video but if you want decent 3D performance you have to use the non-free ATI drivers as well AFAIK.

BFN

Wackojacko