Re: HD in PIO Mode since kernel 2.6.14

Alvin Oga wrote:

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Andrey Andreev wrote:

I don't have the nvidia modules and really don't want them. I'd much
rather stay with 2.6.12 than live with the pain of a binary module
tainting my kernel.

if you have a motherboard that used the nvidia chipset for ide,
than too late .... you have no choice if you want [u]dma mode
otherwise, you're stuck in ata-33 mode w/o dma even if your disk
is superfast 15K rpm ata-133 disks

c ya
alvin

I have an nforce4 motherboard running dma enabled with the standard nforce2 ide driver from the kernel :).

Wackojacko