Re: Remote X login

Marty said...
> marc wrote:
>
> > Now it all works, I've got to say that this is a killer feature -
> > although it would be nice to have multiple connects active
> > simultaneously, even better with each as a virtual desktop in, say, KDE.
>
> You can use multiple virtual X displays for this purpose.  Use startx in
> a virtual terminal to start the additional X displays, e.g.
>
> startx -- 1: (to start display 1, corresponding to F8)

Yes, but
# startx -- :1

Similarly,

# X -query host :1
will add a remote login - although now that KDE has been updated in
testing, that should no longer be necessary

New sessions are available to me via the "Start new session" menu item
in KDE, providing the appropriate hack has been made.

> ctl-alt-F(7-12) are used to switch between the X displays, analogous
> to using ctl-alt-F(1-7) to switch between virtual terminals.  More displays
> are available, but not keymapped by default.

Indeed. Where would we be without them.

--
Best,
Marc