Re: emacs settings in sid gnome 2-10

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 05:42:05AM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> Antonio Rodriguez <arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com>:
> >  I recently moved from sarge to sid, and emacs is giving me some trouble.
> >  I had two lines in .emacs
> >
> >  ;;(set-background-color "black")
> >  ;;(set-foreground-color "white")
>
> Suggestion: rely on ~/.Xresources|~/.Xdefaults values instead:
>
> (0) infidel /home/keeling_ grep -i emacs .Xresources
> Emacs*foreground:                  wheat
> Emacs*background:                  black
> Emacs*cursorColor:                 green

Hmm, I just checked and I had some settings for emacs in mine, following
yours I added some other lines (there wasn't any line about the
background and foreground colors, now there are), logged out, back again
to force loading, and still the same
Undefined color: "black"
which is been read don't know where from. Following the assumption of
gnome having stored it somewhere, I logged using fluxbox, and still got
the same 'undefined line'. At least this indicates that it is not gnome.
Any clues?