Re: Update on mysterious change in X authorization behavior

Marty <martyb@ix.netcom.com>:
>  Marty wrote:
> > On one of my Sarge systems, if X access control is enabled, i.e.
> > "xhost" yields the following output:
> >
> >     access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
>
>  Acting on a hunch, I replaced gdm with kdm and the problem seems to have
>  disappeared, so I guess that's my workaround and as far as I will likely
>  go with it.  What's still puzzling is that the current Sarge version of gdm

I wouldn't be at all surprised that one, and only one, of them takes
charge and clobbers an existing value, producing random results when
*dm's are used interchangably.

    (*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling           Linux Counter #80292
    - -    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/autospam.html
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt democracy human rights Taiwan Independence