Re: Does increasing RAM 512 MB -> 1 GB lead to better performance?

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 15:40 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> > How often do you deal with large data sets?
>
> What is a 'large data set'? I often see this term but not very sure
> what it means...

Any data that fills up your RAM is "large".

For example, gqview uses *gobs* of memory trying to open an 80MB
TIFF file.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Why do we have to hide from the police, Daddy?"
"Because we use vi, son. They use emacs."