RE: 2.6.14 image will not install (SOLVED)

OK. The results.

First reboot panics. Need the boot= command in the initrd configuration. Since
I saw nothing like that in Yair's stuff, I made an initrd the old fashioned
way. (Need more documentation as to what can in the /etc/yaird files.)

This booted up fine. However:

NO alsa audio drivers successfully loaded. I did not get the error for the
mpu401 driver that plagued 2.6.12 but was unable to test it.

Realtime-lsm I compiled for the kernel fails--may be an option not correctly
set--make oldconfig did not work when I tried the partial kernel compile to
get enough headers and scripts to compile external modules.

Kqemu would not load either.

The mach64 drm did load with an error. I was not able to test that because the
sound system errors bogged the system down and the KDE menus were not
working.

When a corrected upgrade is around, I will recompile the three modules. Note
that I ended up discarding 2.6.12 because it never got fixed.